Bee Maid Honey
Bee Maid Honey Limited is the marketing arm of the Alberta Honey Producers Co-operative Limited and the Manitoba Cooperative Honey Producers Limited. Honey produced by beekeepers in western Canada is processed and packaged at Bee Maid’s Winnipeg, MB and Spruce Grove, AB plants.
Manitoba Cooperative Honey Producers is looking to hire a Senior Processor to join our fast paced team. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this full-time permanent position is an integral member of the manufacturing process. The Senior Processor coordinates the daily processing of honey, including quality checks to ensure food safety and regulatory compliance. The Senior Processor is also responsible for helping ensure that all HACCP/SQF and Food Safety requirements are met
- Communicates with the Production Supervisor to determine daily production flow requirements.
- Identifies and selects proper tanks for processing.
- Sets up the line in preparation for processing.
- Performs sampling and monitoring of honey to check for moisture and colour; adjusts honey by blending to meet specifications.
- Pumps honey into processing tanks for pasteurization and filtration.
- Redirects flow of honey to designated tanks for production.
- Monitors and adjusts to changes to keep processes running and in control.
- Performs and monitors sanitation of equipment
- Safely and effectively performs all product line hook-ups.
- Tests and monitors colour and moisture of raw and filtered honey to ensure quality
- Monitors cream WIP and schedules as required
- Transports honey to the designated storage area.
- Ongoing communication between internal suppliers and customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 7 – 10 years manufacturing experience in roles of progressive responsibility; food industry experience an asset
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE & REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Forklift certification
- WHMIS orientation
- Knowledge of HACCP
Our company offers a challenging, team-oriented environment and competitive compensation, benefits and company pension. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, February 16th, 2020.
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.