Quality Assurance Technician
Food & Beverage Manitoba (FABMB) is an association representing the food industry. We help our members find the resources they need, through food awareness programs, training, advertising and Human Resource initiatives.
One of our members is currently looking to add a Quality Assurance Technician to their team. This position will be based in Winnipeg, MB and will report to the Quality Assurance Manager. This is a full time opportunity, Monday to Friday with varying shift requirements as required.
As the successful candidate you will have previous experience and responsibilities in the following areas:
- Start and/or stop the production line daily and perform sanitation and pre-operational inspections.
- Perform QA and QC monitoring during production periods.
- Collect samples to perform microbiological, chemical and organoleptic analysis, in comparison to the product specifications and recording results
- Perform equipment sanitation verification and maintain environmental sanitation records
- Perform equipment calibrations
- Perform food safety and quality systems verifications and inspection.
- Accurately record results
- Maintain retention sample inventory
- Evaluate shelf life samples to ensure product meets company specifications
- Monitor incoming and outgoing shipments, work with warehouse personnel to make sure FIFO is being followed
- Assist operators with daily production as required
- Assist Quality Assurance Manager in continued development of HACCP plan, SOPs, help document existing and/or new procedures, trend analysis
- Maintain ongoing company compliance with all applicable regulations and third party audit requirements
- Participate in preparation for Third Party and Internal audits
- Perform all duty’s as required by the Quality Assurance Manager
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Food Science or Microbiology or Diploma in Chemical Biosciences Technology or Science Laboratory Technology
- Knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety guidelines
- Familiarity with HACCP principles
- 1-2 years’ experience in food industry is preferred
- Good computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to get things done in a positive and professional manner, with minimum supervision
- Must be able to work early or evening shifts and occasional weekends as required
- Ability to lift up to 24 kilos
The successful candidate will be a hard-working, conscientious, detail oriented team player with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment. If this describes YOU please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 14, 2020. We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.