Quality Assurance Specialist – (Maternity Leave Contract)
Food and Beverage Manitoba is an association representing the food industry. We help our members find the resources they need, through food awareness programs, training, advertising and Human Resource initiatives.
We are currently looking to fill the role of Quality Assurance Specialist – (Maternity Leave Contract) for one of our members located in Winnipeg, MB.
Medallion Milk Co. is a home-grown Winnipeg company selling excellent quality powdered milk. Our product is delicious, healthy and sought after worldwide.
What this means? – We take quality very seriously. We have been in business since 1965, and for 50+ years earned the trust of our customers with a product that is carefully crafted to be convenient, nutritious, and taste great.
And we like to have fun along the way.
We are looking to fill the role of Quality Assurance Specialist – (Maternity Leave Contract) in Winnipeg, MB. This is a full time, salaried position, with anticipated term to be approximately 14 months. There is also an opportunity for continued employment beyond – we are growing and always need good team members. Rate of pay will be based on experience.
The role is key. Quality is our Unique Selling Proposition.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Quality Assurance Specialist ensures that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with customer expectations and regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for managing Medallion’s quality assurance policies and controlling new product development. Please see the full list of duties and responsibilities, qualifications, etc below.
If you’re a collaborative leader who values teamwork, enjoys inspiring results, developing star talent, being a role model and are interested in learning more about this career opportunity we’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations by email no later than January 31, 2020 to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain Food Safety and Quality Management System such as HACCP, Food Safety, FSSC 22000 programs and other regulatory standards.
- Promote and drive food safety culture.
- In-depth knowledge of HACCP principles.
- Act as liaison with regulatory agencies, client company representatives and auditors.
- Manage supplier approval program to ensure safety, legality and quality of product.
- Coordination, scheduling and conducting internal audits to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Promote awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization. Monitor customer feedback and implement IORs.
- Implement and ensure conformance to Quality Assurance programs to ensure food quality and safety. Includes environmental monitoring, pest control, sanitation, GMPs and SOPs.
- Maintain quality checks and audit production system.
- Evaluate product quality and conduct statistical data analysis to ensure product compliance and safety.
- Coordinate research and development testing on project and physical plant for new product development.
- Oversight of laboratory, including equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Conduct production start-up and CCP monitoring.
- Work with Operations Manager to oversee the work of staff including the supervision and evaluation, training and team building.
- University or College degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or related discipline.
- Direct work experience in a Supervisory role in QA systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards is a plus.
- Training in HACCP, FSSC 22000 programs and/or SFCR (Safe Food for Canadians Regulations).
- Proven supervisory and leadership experience with progressively increased responsibility is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in safety and regulatory compliance within a food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience with HACCP programs and managing regulatory audits.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and an understanding of accounting software (we use QuickBooks) is an asset.
A Successful Quality Assurance Specialist will be offered:
- Competitive Wages
- Company Benefits
- Clean and Safe Work Environment