Food & Beverage Manitoba
Do you find yourself thinking about food all day? Do you have a passion for a variety of “local” food? If so, consider the position of Communication Coordinator with Food & Beverage Manitoba (FABMB).
FABMB is currently looking for an outgoing, vibrant and creative individual with a passion for all foods to become part of the team. We are a not-for-profit, industry-led association dedicated to promoting Manitoba’s vibrant food and beverage manufacturing industry, and ensuring our members have the resources, strength and conditions they need to succeed.
Reporting to the Training and Development Manager, this position is responsible for the direction and coordination of FAB MB internal and external communications and to develop and maintain sustainable relationships with internal stakeholders and external community groups. This position acts as a project leader for a wide range of communication projects, publications, advertising and communication initiatives, including developing and delivering web content. This position is part-time.
- Regular website maintenance: update and format content, create new pages, Google analytics tracking and reporting and contribute to improvements and processes related to traffic and content
- Produce and coordinate delivery of digital content including writing and/or editing social media posts on all platforms, outbound emails and newsletters
- Development and implementation of all communication programs designed to inform members and the public of initiatives, training, events and policies through appropriate campaigns (e.g. print or electronic media)
- Develop design layouts for digital and print communication materials (e.g. reports, event materials, social media, etc.)
- Maintain our association’s social media accounts, including content creation and curation
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of reports, presentations, website and media releases.
- Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys to identify interest and concerns of members and stakeholders
- Identify and develop relationships with media personnel, community partners and agencies to promote our services and events
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communications activities
- Develop and manage budget for advertising campaigns.
- Establish work priorities and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
- Carry out other specific duties as determined by the Training & Development Manager
- Post-secondary education in Communications and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 2 years’ experience in marketing and/or communications preferred in a non-profit environment
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate production of marketing and communications materials
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and WordPress
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic marketing and communications strategies
- Expertise in using web-based tools and technology (Google Analytics, social networking applications and median sharing sites)
- Experience in the use of Adobe Create Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, collaborative, diplomatic, enthusiastic and flexible
- Exceptional ability to organize, manage multiple tasks and prioritize
- Creative problem-solving skills including the ability to anticipate and prevent problems
- Above average teamwork skills, including the ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts
- Strong planning, administration and coordination skills
- Demonstrated interest in continuous improvement and professional development
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle
Does this describe you?
- Self-motivated with strong ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Above average oral and written creative communication skills
- Outgoing personality with above average confidence required to positively and successfully interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Digitally-savvy with above average computer skills
If you have the qualifications listed above and are excited to be paid to think about food all day, please submit your resume, cover letter and an essay (under 500 words) telling us about your favourite Manitoba made food product or restaurant by March 20, 2020 to email@example.com.
Food & Beverage Manitoba is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.