Food and Beverage Manitoba is an association representing the food industry. We help our members find the resources they need, through food awareness programs, training, advertising and Human Resource initiatives.
We are currently looking to fill the role of Bookkeeping Clerk for one of our members located in Winnipeg, MB. This is a full time, paid hourly, Monday to Friday opportunity.
This position is responsible creates financial transactions and generates reports. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Issue invoices to customers
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Conduct reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Enter data, maintain records and create reports and financial statements and ensure legal requirements compliance
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Follow accounting policies and procedures
Education and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma plus post-secondary education or diploma in Accounting.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the SAGE software package
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work to tight timelines.
- Organized and efficient, able to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment.
- Ability to work under minimal supervisor and within tight deadline.
- Knowledge or a passion for food industry is an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and driven individual who is well-organized and an enthusiastic self-starter. If this opportunity appeals to you and you have what it takes, we are interested in hearing from you.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations by email no later than February 28, 2020 to email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.