Route Sales Assistant
Old Dutch Foods Ltd.
Old Dutch Foods Ltd first started in Winnipeg, Manitoba as a little chip company with a lot of heart. Soon, our tradition of making and delivering great-tasting snacks spread throughout all of Canada. Since 1954, our windmill has stood for quality and trust, old world charm, and a desire to create a long-lasting chip and snack tradition.
With products such as Old Dutch Potato Chips, RESTAURANTE Premium Tortilla Chips and Salsas, Arriba Tortilla Chips, Dutch Crunch Kettle Cooked Potato Chips, it’s easy to see why we have a flavor favourite for everyone.
Old Dutch Foods Ltd isn’t just about chips. All this, plus great service, has kept Old Dutch Foods Ltd in stores, in homes, and in the snack bowl, despite competition over the years from other snack-makers. Our customers trust in the high quality, great taste, and long-lasting tradition of Old Dutch.
ROUTE SALES ASSISTANT
Here is your chance to join our talented team as a Route Sales Assistant. This is a full time entry-level position, with long-term career opportunities. Positions are available for Winnipeg, Manitoba and Surrounding Area. Weekend work and out of town travel may be necessary. Weekends typically refer to Saturdays.
You will be required to provide “Off Truck Sales” of our premium products to our large established customer base in the Winnipeg, Manitoba and Surrounding Area. You will receive sufficient training that will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to work on your own. A valid driver’s license is required. Old Dutch Foods Ltd offers a competitive salary, plus commission, benefits and future advancement within the company.
What are the Duties & Responsibilities?
- Provide “Off Truck” Sales Coverage for Distributors and company Sales people
- Merchandise, sell and deliver Old Dutch products to base customers
- Merchandise and rotate on display and shelves
- Manage inventory levels to ensure product is fresh at all times
- Manage a database in accordance to scheduled route
- Follow the set delivery frequency for each account
- Treat vehicles and equipment with courtesy and care
- Operate a handheld invoicing computer system
- It is expected the Route Sales Assistant serve the customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Minimum Grade 12 Education (Post-Secondary Education is an asset)
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Ability to drive a 3-5 ton truck, standard transmission, and truck and trailer an asset
- Sales Experience a definite asset
- Must be able to understand and clearly discuss business measurements such as penny profit, profit margins, etc.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Physically fit to fulfill the tasks required of this position (bending, twisting, kneeling, etc.)
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.olddutchfoods.ca/about/careers/818 by February 23, 2020. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.