Quality Assurance Manager
Food and Beverage Manitoba is an association representing the food industry. We help our members find the resources they need, through food awareness programs, training, advertising and Human Resource initiatives.
We are currently looking to fill the role of Quality Assurance Manager for one of our members located in Winnipeg, MB. This is a full time, salaried position. Rate of pay will be based on experience.
Quality Assurance Manager
Reporting to the General Manager and CEO, the Quality Assurance Manager ensures that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. You will be responsible for managing the organizations quality assurance policies and controlling new product development processes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develops, implements and maintains Food Safety and Quality Management System such as GMP, HACCP, SFCR, GFSI-BRC, CBWA and other regulatory standards
- Responsible for Food Safety and Quality Management Systems such as GMP, HACCP, GFSI-BRC trainings and audits (internal/ external) to ensure integrity of plans are maintained and improved
- Promotes and drive a “food safety culture” within the organization
- In-depth knowledge of HACCP principles and lead the HACCP Team
- Designated company’s PCQI
- Monitoring and reporting on the overall effectiveness of the FS-QMS and the need for improvement of the program while ensuring that the required monitoring of the internal processes is understood and implemented, including appropriate deviation procedures in the case of non-conformances
- Liaise with customers and suppliers where necessary (where impacted/affected by quality issues).
- Manages supplier approval program to ensure safety, legality and quality of product
- Coordination, scheduling and conducting internal audits to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Promoting awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Maintaining Retention Samples and shelf-life evaluation.
- Maintain quality checks throughout production periods.
- Evaluate product quality and conduct statistical data analysis to ensure product compliance and safety.
- Maintenance of laboratory supplies
- Conducts production start-up and CCP monitoring.
- Lab Equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Manage QA Technician
- University degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of direct work experience in a Supervisory role in QA systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards.
- Training in BRC, FSMA and/or SFCR (Safe Food for Canadians Regulations)
- Must possess excellent communication skills for liaising and communicating with vendors, customers, and internal departments
A Successful Quality Assurance Manager will be offered:
- Competitive Wages and Bonus
- Company Benefits
- Clean and Safe Work Environment
We are looking for someone who is conscientious, passionate, energetic, enthusiastic and looking for a long term career with the Company.
If this opportunity appeals to you and you have what it takes, we are interested in hearing from you.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations by email no later than August 16, 2019 to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.