The Canada Pavilion Program is launched
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) is pleased to announce the launch of its new Canada Pavilion Program.
As part of the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP), a five-year $3 billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments to strengthen the agriculture, agri-food and agri-based products sector; the Canada Pavilion Program is aimed at making trade show participation easier for the Canadian industry at the world’s premier food and beverage events ‘where the world shops’.
The program, set to launch in May 2018, will simplify access to the AAFC’s Flagship trade shows, and provide trade show event participants with financial support and greater flexibility. The program will prioritize small and medium size exporters, placing an emphasis on new to market, and innovative products. Recruitment will involve various levels of government, trade associations and other trade networks, to ensure the program is available to all export ready companies across Canada.
The Canada Pavilion Program will support the following 7 trade show events:
- Salon International de l’Alimentation (SIAL) – Paris, France – October 21-25, 2018
- Food & Hotel China (FHC) – Shanghai, China – November 13-15, 2018
- Gulfood – Dubai, UAE – February 2019
- FoodEx Japan – Chiba, Japan – March 2019
- ANUGA – Cologne Germany – October 5-9, 2019
- Food & Hotel Asia (FHA) – April 2019
- Seoul Food & Hotel (SFH) – Goyang, South Korea – May 2019
Seafood Shows: SEG (Brussels) and CFSE (Qingdao) remain Flagship events, but will not be impacted by this new program and will continue to be supported by Agri-Marketing.