Quality Assurance Technician
Manitoba Starch Products is the only manufacturer of food-grade potato starch in Canada. Our growing, state of the art processing facility is located near Carberry, MB, in the heart of Canada and surrounded by western Canadian potato production.
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated Quality Assurance Technician to complement our team in this full-time role. The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for delivering outstanding results.
The major duties of this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare samples used for daily analysis
- Perform laboratory quality assurance testing
- Generate test results with a high level of accuracy and reliability
- Conduct product swabbing and environmental sampling as required
- Produce reports and computer data entry of various information for the purpose of maintaining accurate records
- Maintain laboratory equipment and maintain cleanliness within the lab
- Work closely with production in the areas of sanitation, hygiene, GMPs, SOP’s, HACCP, and related regulatory programs.
- Assist operators on all changes to the Food Safety & Quality system.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned by Management
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3 years quality experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred
- Diploma in Microbiology or Food Science Preferred
- Knowledge of microbiological procedures and laboratory techniques
- Knowledge of BRC, HACCP, GMPs, allergens, and food security
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication and problem solving skills
- Proficient computer abilities using Word & Excel
- Be a team player who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbally
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada (sponsorship is not available for this role)
We offer competitive wages, health benefits, a health spending account and an RRSP matching program. Qualified candidates can apply by emailing a current resume and cover letter to the attention of Earl McLaren at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 19, 2018.
We thank all that apply. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.