PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we’re always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager for our Winnipeg, Manitoba OR Toronto, Ontario OR Calgary, Alberta District Office to support multiple projects across Canada specific to the Food and Beverage Manufacturing and Processing sector. The individual will be responsible for providing leadership during the pursuit and execution phases of small & large projects across Canada.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop & execute a business development plan specific to the food & beverage sector
- Develop/maintain good relationships with Clients, Consultants, Subtrades, and Suppliers
- Project scope development including execution strategy, cost estimates, and schedule
- Produce clear and concise written reports for internal and external communication
- Lead team selection and create win strategies with our Consultant, Subtrade, Supplier partners
- Guide and manage the design process
- Lead the production of written submissions to RFQ’s, RFP’s, and tenders
- Lead the development and execution of certifications, commissioning, and start-up processes
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Construction, or related field
- Minimum 6 years project management and/or design management experience in the Canadian food processing and manufacturing sector
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to engage people and lead meetings
- Exceptional written communication skills and capability to produce concise, professional proposals and bid packages
- Ability to review and guide designs specific to food and beverage processing and manufacturing
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to reach win-win solutions with internal and external partners
- Ability to produce budgets and cost estimates
- Proven track record for problem solving, continuous improvement and achieving metrics
- Ability to travel in Canada and Internationally to visit plants and vendors/partners (mobility/flexibility to relocate in Canada for short period of time is an asset)
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of project management tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Bluebeam, Autodesk 360, etc. and design tools such as CAD, Revitt, etc.
- Experience with food and beverage processing plant commissioning and start-up
- Detailed working knowledge of CFIA standards, GMP programs, and international standards/certifications related to food safety and regulatory compliance
- Demonstrated leadership in driving continuous improvement utilizing programs such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, TPM and other Lean manufacturing concepts
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.
This position is open to all qualified applicants. PCL Constructors Canada Inc. is an inclusive and equitable employer encouraging applications from qualified woman and men including indigenous persons, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
To apply, please visit our website www.pcl.com. We thank all applicants for their interest in working for PCL; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.