Peak of the Market
Are you a procurement specialist with a flair for delivering the best possible client experience? Can you excel in a fast paced environment where teamwork, common sense, and the ability to make work fun are part of the culture? Are you independent, self-motivated and driven? If so, please read on!
A Manitoba house-hold name, Peak of the Market has marketed quality locally grown produce for over 75 years and supplies over 120 different varieties of fresh and delicious produce. Peak of the Markets seeking a Produce Buyer who has prior experience in the produce or food industry, including buying goods, evaluating price, and negotiating with suppliers and clients. The person shall have excellent problem-solving skills, highly developed analytical skills and an understanding of the produce market.
Reporting directly to the Vice President Sales, and based in either Winnipeg or Calgary, you will play a key role in the long-term continued growth of Peak of the Market. As the Produce Buyer, you will develop and identify opportunities within the produce industry to expand non-traditional sales in the Winnipeg & Calgary Distribution Centres.
Visit http://bit.ly/PM-Pb for more details
Have We ‘Peak’ed Your Interest?
We offer you
- Fantastic corporate culture
- Excellent benefits
- Competitive wages
Suite 1400 – 275 Portage Ave ● Winnipeg, MB R3B 2B3 ● 204.943.0553 ● FAX: 204.957.5384
- Various sourcing &negotiating duties including sourcing new items and suppliers; developing product assortment &negotiating costs
- Seek opportunities for growth, partnerships and joint ventures
- Maintain a current knowledge of produce and industry trends, opportunities, channels, products, and competitors to support new opportunities
- Communicate with suppliers in regards to supply, market conditions, pricing, credits and seasonality
- Act as a contact person with the Distribution Centres for quality concerns, quality specifications, inventory adjustments and for any shortages
- Monitor &maintain inventory levels within the Distribution Centres
- Analyze and control product transfers, waste and spoilage
- Meet and exceed purchasing and sales targets
- Ensure that supply requirements are met on a daily basis; identify potential overstock situations proactively and inform Sales Manager
- Ensure orders are timely and accurate
- Oversee special customer orders
- Prepare quotes and coordinate/process orders on assigned accounts
- Provide excellent customer service, address customers’ needs in a timely and effective manner while modelling suggestive selling methods
- Take care of sales for customers directly
Experience and Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience as a Buyer, preferably in the produce industry
- 2+ years’ sales experience
- Strong communication skills to interact with all levels of the organization and suppliers
- Able to work independently &as part of a team
- Able to educate team members and customers on products with enthusiasm
- Strong to excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to deliver information in a clear respectable manner to fellow team members, customers, & suppliers
- Able to meet or exceed customer service expectations and standards in all interactions
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to follow directions and procedures; effective time management & organization skills
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency
- Demonstrated computer proficiency –Microsoft Office suite, email, internet &capable of online research
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Courteous, friendly &professional with a positive attitude
If you would like more information about this position or Peak of the Market, please visit http://bit.ly/PM-Pb.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution as a Produce Buyer, please submit your resume in confidence to Lisa Cefali, Partner, Executive Search & Strategic Development – email@example.com quoting #193113.