LIFT to Work in Food Processing Program – Portage la Prairie
Industry, Training and Employment Services
Portage la Prairie is home to a strong and growing food processing industry. In consultation with local employers a 14 week training program has been developed to help provide participants with the skills to enter the food processing workforce. The Training program is a 14 week commitment which requires full and prompt from October 2018 up to February 2019.
About the Training:
- 14 weeks – October 2018 to February 2019
- Full and prompt attendance is required.
- All Candidates must participate in an Essential Skills Assessment, an Interview and a Personal Risk Assessment.
- Training will take place in Portage la Prairie.
- A certificate of completion will be provided upon completion of the program.
Is a Career in Food Processing Right for You?
- Able to perform physical tasks which may require repetition, lifting up to 50 lbs., and/or long periods of standing.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Able to work shift work.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent is preferred. A minimum of Grade 10 completion is required.
You may be eligible for financial supports if you fit into one of these categories:
- Have a current or previous Employment Insurance (EI) claim
- Employed individuals who are low skilled
- In receipt of Provincial Employment and Income Assistance (EIA) benefits
- An individual who is unemployed or about to lose your job
If you have any questions about the program or would like to apply please contact Liz at204-239-3043 or by email Liz.Parks@gov.mb.ca