Business Growth Specialist
Dr Beetroot Canada, currently based at University of Manitoba – Richardson Centre for Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals, Winnipeg is in operation since 2013. It was founded by Anan Palanichamy, a food processing engineer graduated from University of Manitoba and a certified fellow in Food Safety and HACCP. ‘beetrootifying food habits’ is the mission and ‘bringing out 60 products primarily made of red beets’ is the vision of Dr Beetroot. Dr Beetroot has successfully completed its ‘Exploration Phase’ in the Canadian market for last five years. People participatory product development and marketing; collaboration with stakeholders in the specialty food industry were the reasons for their success so far. Now their ‘Expansion Phase’ has just begun. As a first step they have created this executive position to boost their expansion activities.
BUSINESS GROWTH SPECIALIST, Winnipeg MB
Full-time, contract from Mid-April 2018 to Mid-April 2019 (potential for extension). The role a full-time, salaried position with some evening, weekend work required depending on the business needs.
Reporting to CEO, Dr Beetroot, the Business Growth Specialist position leads Dr Beetroot to expand the reach of its products to the specialty, grocery, and nutrition stores beyond Manitoba and across Canada & USA.
Salary: $50,000 CAD.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and reporting the company sales with individual as well as team work in all three channels: Stores, Special events, E-commerce.
- Responsible for applying for product intakes with multi-branch box stores and/or distributors or brokers across Canada and USA and executing the business agreement
- Responsible for recruiting and coordinating sales agents and independent brokers across Canada
- Seeks out new market insights and business opportunities through research and analysis.
- Providing support in product development goals by working with Internal and external stakeholders
- Providing support to the production team in the terms of procurement; booking the production facility and equipment as needed
- Coordinating production plans
- Maintaining the inventory system and the lot coding system for raw as well as finished goods.
- Establishing GMP, HACCP systems as well as in obtaining needed certifications and licenses
- Assisting in the design of product packaging, development and printing of labels
- Support in development and maintenance of office systems
Successful candidates will have:
- Must have the ability to travel frequently by air or car
- Must maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License and possess own car
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Self-starter and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledgeable or have experience in creating and editing video; and capable of creating digital marketing contents.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal & written), and organizational skills.
- Experienced with Mail Chimp, Web maintenance; Ecommerce tools
Experience and Education
- Master degree or equivalent in one the following may be considered; Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Food Science, Food Processing Engineering, Nutrition Science, Agriculture, Accounting and Economics
- Experience in Wholesales; local to global is considered an asset
HOW TO APPLY
For more information visit https://drbeetroot.ca/pages/careers . Applicants should send a resume, cover letter and references outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position by March 22, 2018.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.