Assistant Production Manager
Manitoba Starch Products
Do you want to feel like a valued part of a team where your opinions, ideas and work ethic matter? If this sounds like you, read on about this exciting opportunity!
Manitoba Starch Products is the only manufacturer of food-grade potato starch in Canada. Our growing, state of the art processing facility is located near Carberry, MB, in the heart of Canada and surrounded by western Canadian potato production.
We are seeking a full-time Assistant Production Manager to provide support to the Production Manager. The schedule of this role is primarily Monday to Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm, with some evening, weekend, and on-call after-hours work required.
- Provide leadership and direct supervision to hourly production employees in the assigned
- Manage safe, cost effective and efficient production
- Continuously improve plant manufacturing resources, processes, efficiencies and quality
- Ensure employee safety and overall compliance to Manitoba’s Workplace Health and Safety Act
- Ensure compliance with all HACCP procedures
- Ensure open and effective communication with both hourly and salaried employees
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years of supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Experience in the application of the HACCP program
- Basic computer skills with the ability to work in a computerized ERP and PLC automated environment
- Excellent initiative and leadership skills
- Proven commitment to good manufacturing practices
- Demonstrated ability to exercise effective judgment in business decisions
- Ability to function in a fast-paced production environment
- Well-developed English communication skills
- Knowledge of Provincial Health and Safety Regulations is an asset
We offer competitive wages, health benefits, and an RRSP matching program after successful
completion of the probationary period.
Qualified candidates can apply by emailing a current resume and cover letter to the attention of Sara Quantrill at email@example.com by March 18, 2018.
We thank all that apply for their interest in working with us, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.