Floating Leaf Fine Foods
Floating Leaf Fine Foods is family-run, BRC accredited food manufacturing company, centrally located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. At Floating Leaf Fine Foods we encourage a friendly and professional atmosphere where all employees are treated with respect and encouraged to work as a team.Our Purpose is to encourage excellent health with healthy cuisine and to use our experience, expertise and good judgement to produce premium wild rice and wild rice products and serve the needs of our customers with excellence.
We are currently recruiting an Administrative Assistant. This position is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative support for the day-to-day operations. This position will work with a small team of dedicated sales and office support staff to ensure weekly and monthly goals are met while developing, maintaining, and fostering excellent relationships.
This is a full time, salaried opportunity, Monday to Friday.
- Develop new supplier relationships, manage new supplier inquiries, and facilitate new supplier listings
- Interact and manage existing supplier purchasing relationships on a day to day basis within a local office environment
- Review and manage purchase orders for accuracy and verify materials based on projected inventory requirements
- Maintain and expand existing catalog, pricing and inventory management control
- Source and obtain price quotations from catalogues and supplier
- Contact suppliers to schedule deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed deliveries and other problems
- Build, maintain and manage information and general administrative support for the communication / information database
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma plus post-secondary education related in Business Administration or equivalent
- 1-2 years administrative experience
- Organized and efficient, able to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment.
- Deliver a high level of customer service in a friendly and diligent manner
- Accurate with figures, detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal & written), organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Previous purchasing, logistics, warehouse, or delivery experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to work under minimal supervisor and within tight deadline
- Knowledge or a passion for food industry is an asset
- A willingness to perform a variety of tasks
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and driven individual who is well-organized and an enthusiastic self-starter. If this opportunity appeals to you and you have what it takes, we are interested in hearing from you. Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations by email no later than June 29, 2018 to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.